Kids and parents use Habyts for different reasons.
For parents, it's to regulate screen time, set or approve their kid's tasks, and rewards for doing them.
For kids, it's to start or stop Play Time, view their daily Tasks and the Rewards for aiming towards.
As such, a parents view of Habyts differs to that of their kids. We call these different views Dashboards.
What is the Child Dashboard?
The Child Dashboard is your child’s view of Habyts.
It’s where they can start and stop Play Time, view and sign-off any tasks they have; see many Points they've earned and what Rewards they’re working towards.
The Child Dashboard shows:
- The Status Bar (see below).
- Sign out: To sign out of Habyts so that a sibling can use their device with their own account.
- Play Time: Press this to start or stop Play Time.
- To do: The Tasks you've set your child and whether they're done or not.
- My usage:How many minutes Play Time your child has used and how many remain.
- Rewards:The Rewards you child is working towards and how many Points are needed to earn them.
- Child Content: Fun, friendly content chosen specifically for kids (only available in Play Time).
Where do I find it?
Habyts must be installed on your kid’s device(s) before they can access their Dashboard. Once installed, Habyts will prompt your child to sign in for the first time and continues running in the background.
You can open the Child Dashboard in several different ways depending on your device.
- Opening the Parent or Child Dashboard on Android.
- Opening the Parent or Child Dashboard on iOS.
- Opening the Parent or Child Dashboard on Windows.
The Child Dashboard Status Bar
The Status bar sits at the top of your Parent Dashboard.
The Status bar shows:
- Childs name.
- Child's remaining Play Time Allowance (Clock icon)
- Child's Points balance (Piggy Bank icon)
- Sign out