The Student Dashboard provides kids with their own overview of Habyts. They can manage their Play Time (if they are at home); view and sign off any School or Home Tasks they have; see how many Points they've earned; and review the Rewards they’re working towards.
Students open their Dashboard on their school device via the Habyts 'H' in their Chrome browser. A student school login is linked to their G-Suite username and password.
Once a student has logged into their G-Suite, Habyts will be auto-signed in. This means no extra password to remember - yay!
On BYOD devices Android, Amazon Fire and iOS students can open their Student Dashboard by launching the Habyts app, or on Windows by clicking the Habyts icon in the System Tray.
The Student Dashboard comprises:
- The Status Bar at the top of the screen will show your students name. The time is a home setting along with the Points shown here.
- School Class: This is a button that is greyed out during school hours, only showing School Class. At Home the button changes and Starts or stops Play Time -- if any is available! (only available in the Habyts Home version)
- To do: The Tasks your student has been set at home and whether they're completed or not.
- Rewards: The Rewards your student is working towards at home and how many points they need to reach their goal.
- School Tasks: These are Tasks set by the teacher in school. These Tasks can either be completed during school hours or homework.
- School Rewards: These are school rewards a student can work towards using their points from School Tasks completed or points issued by the teacher.
- Today I have: How many minutes of Play Time your student has used and how many remain. (Home only)
- Child Content: Meet the Habytars - friendly content chosen specifically for kids (only available in Play Time / Free Play).
- Sign out: To log out of Habyts so that a brother or sister can use the device. (Only available in the Habyts Home version)
The Student Dashboard will only run if the Habyts app is installed on a school device.