There maybe a time where you just need to release the Habyts controls on your students devices. One example would be if the internet connection goes down and Habyts is blocking access to your students device.
Unlocking students devices needs to be done manually on their Chromebooks. Students will need to enter a code generated via your Teacher Dashboard.
Get your code..
- Select the unlocked padlock icon located on your orange summary strip (as shown above)
- You will be presented with three drop down boxes
- The first box 'What is this?' - recaps what the Unlock code is.
- The second box is where you get your code
- Choose how long you want your students devices to be unlocked for. Habyts will then automate the return of your usual settings after this time.
- Please enter your Teacher password in the box, we need to ensure you have authorization for the code!
- Click Get Code and your code will appear under your password box.
- Students will need to enter this code into their Chromebooks.
- The third tab Where do students enter the unlock code? gives you the steps of how your students enter this code into their devices.
- In any Chrome browser window, towards the top-right of the window, there is an "h" in a hexagon icon. Click on this icon.
- A menu will open. One of the menu options is "Enter unlock code". Click that menu option.
- A popup will open, saying "Habyts: please enter unlock code". Type the unlock code in the box and click "OK".
- A message should appear saying "Unlock code applied". Habyts is now unlocked on that device until the time you chose.
Important: Your unlock code will unlock any school device for the time you've specified, please be aware students could circulate this password during the unlocked period.
Unlock codes will reset at the end of the timed period or the end of the school day, and cannot be used again for security.