Our Tasks feature encourages your kids to help with the housework and other good deeds. You can even offer them extra Points as an incentive for completing their assignments!
A Task is something to be done. Example: Clear the table.
When creating a Task we have 3 options for you, Required, Optional and Goals.
A Required Task must be completed before screen time is allowed. This can be either by a certain time or the default of blocked until the Task is complete.
An Optional Task does NOT have to be completed before screen time is allowed. This is an opportunity for your child to complete an extra Task for more points.
A Goal works towards a result. Example: Get a B in English. This does not block Play Time but serves as a reminder of something to work towards and usually carries a larger number of points to incentivize.
To create a task:
- Select your child's account in the Status bar.
- Click the TASKS icon.
- Click the Add a Task button.
- Enter a name for the Task (or select an existing Task from the pop-up list). Select whether the Task is Required, Optional or a Goal.
- Click Next
- If this is to be a Required or Optional regular Task, check the ‘Every day?’ option and indicate the days on which the Task is to be done…
or for a one-off Task, uncheck Every day?
- If setting a Goal a date is required of when this needs to be achieved by.
- For Required and Optional Tasks, you can either set a completion time using the Due pop-up, or keep the default ‘Anytime’ setting. Click Next.
- If you wish, check the options to Block Play Time until the Task is done…
- ...and to require your approval before Habyts marks the Task as complete.
- Decide how many Habyts Points you will award for completion of the Task.
- Click Save.