One of Habyts’ foundations is our core belief that allowing kids to manage their own playtime instills good habits, while parents retain ultimate control.
Kids are able to extend their Play Time allowance by trading the Habyts Points they’ve earned by completing their Tasks and sticking to their Studies. But you can choose to limit the amount of Bonus Play Time a child can obtain -- or even block them from making such trades!
To limit a child’s Bonus Play Time:
- Select the child’s account in the Status bar of your Parent Dashboard.
- Click the ‘Time’ icon.
- Check the ‘Bonus Time Limits’ option.
- You can then check the box to 'Can spend Points on Bonus Play Time' so your child's points can be used on extra screen time.
- If you wish to manage the number of points used per day, simply select the ‘Limit to…’ option and enter the maximum number of Points they can use per day on extra screen time. Additionally, you can set different limits per day if you wish.
Note: Set the allocation carefully. One Point = One minute of Bonus Play Time.
To block a child from obtaining any Bonus Play Time:
- Select the child’s account in the Parent Dashboard
- Click the Time icon.
- Select the ‘Bonus Time Limits’ option.
- Uncheck the box 'Can spend Points on Bonus Play Time'
- Ensure 'Limit to...' is also unchecked.
Now your child cannot use bonus points for extra screen time.