Habyts automatically blocks your kids’ access to sites and apps that our editors believe you might find objectionable, but you can:
- Block additional websites, site categories and apps
- Remove default blocks, or blocks you’ve applied previously
- Nominate sites to be accessible during Play Time but not Study Time
You might block websites which target your kids with advertising… but decide that it’s OK for them to visit the sites of their favorite cartoon characters. Or you might feel that it’s fine for them to look at YouTube during Play Time but not while they’re studying.
To edit the blocks:
- Select the child’s account in the status bar of your Parent Dashboard.
- Click the TIME icon.
- Scroll to the Filtering section.
- Click on the appropriate Website categories, Individual websites or Apps
- Adjust the red or green checkboxes to grant or deny access during Play Time or Study Time. (Greyed-out checkboxes can’t be edited.) If you’re working with the Individual websites pop-up, you can enter additional URLs of your own choosing… or delete URLs you’ve previously added to the listing.
- Click Save
Note: The blocked site lists which Habyts maintains for Play Time and Study Time are cascaded. Blocking a site from the Play Time list will automatically block it from the Study Time list, but blocking a site from the Study Time list will not result in it being blocked from the Play Time list.