You've done the hard bit by adding Habyts to your kids devices, BUT.... you now need to help them manage their time and support the transition.
It can be hard for a kid to understand why you are managing their time online, that's why it's time to take the family approach to work together and feel more connected.
Here is a video with some helpful tips - Click Here
Here are a few tips on how to make it easier for you both:
- Ensure you've downloaded Habyts to all your child's devices, so you can manage their time completely. (You don't want them sneaking off playing Minecraft on a device that is not monitored!)
- Have a chat and ask your child why they think you've added Habyts to their devices and what they think it will do.(They may be surprised, it can be fun earning points for rewards)
- Show your child what happens when you pause their time online. This is so it will not be a shock when you do this for the first time. (Ideally sit next to each other, your device with the Parent dashboard open and your child's device with Habyts in Play Time and press PAUSE).
- Add points for good behavior! If your child has helped someone today (without asking), give them an instant reward of points to either go towards a treat or more time online.
- Set up your Notifications. This is so you know when your not with your child they have completed a Task you can sign off, or they are about to run out of Play Time. Notifications really help with a smooth transition and will help you work as a team.
- Try and agree limits together. Habyts can be a contract you both agree from the start (If you can). Managing time online is a positive step so you can all enjoy more family time.
- We are here to help! If you need some support or have a question don't be afraid to ask. We can call you back at a time that suits you and help you get the best out of Habyts for your family.