School Habyts is the all-in-one screen time and behavior management tool for schools.
It is increasingly difficult for educators to effectively manage class time against the tide of digital distractions faced by students with either BYOD or school devices. Habyts provides a digital solution to regulate screen time, get kids to finish tasks and motivate positive behavior through a points and privileges system.
Habyts gives back control to teachers during school time and hands it over to parents when the last bell rings, thus providing a holistic view across the day.
Habyts offers schools the ability to:
- Have real-time visibility of student usage and activity
- Schedule restricted hours across devices used in school, including BYOD
- Instantly pause screen and device use.
- Filter individual and website categories
- View smart reporting at a group and individual level
- Control student activity from anywhere
- Assign Tasks to individual students or groups of students
- Student accountability through signing off their own Tasks
- Automated tracking of screen time, tasks, scores, targets, goals, points and rewards
- Integrated points and privileges system
Habyts provides a different approach to screen time management giving an individual view to the teacher, the parent and the student. As each group has a different set of needs Habyts gives the teacher, the parent and the student each their own dashboard.
The Teacher Dashboard can be accessed through any web browser or the Habyts app. It's designed to include all the settings you'll need to manage your class and BYOD devices during school time. Eliminating digital distractions with our easy to use web filtering and assigning homework to the class or individually with a click of a button. Meanwhile, Habyts is monitoring all students online activity, blocking inappropriate websites and reporting back to you the time spent online.
The Parent Dashboard shows a parent the time their child has spent online during school hours as well at home, logging the websites visited for a 360-degree view. Parents can see teacher assigned Tasks and if their child has marked these Tasks as done. Parents can set their own rules at home including tasks/chores and even rewards for good behavior. Teachers are not able to view any settings applied at home.
The Child Dashboard gives students the opportunity to be more accountable for their actions. A child can mark a school or home Task as Done using the button on their Dashboard, they can also control when they start and stop their Play Time (at home) to encourage greater independence. Kids can track their progress towards school or home targets with rewards by way of points.